Friday, March 18, 2011

Moved Again

I can't believe what motivation I lost with my writing projects such as my articles and blog. Perhaps its because we have moved again...this time to Utah. Its so cool to be able to ski whatever day we want to while homeschooling my kids. I enrolled my daughter into the 3rd grade in public school here in Park City. After 3 weeks of school my daughter started to tell me that she had no one to sit by at lunch and sometimes no one to place with at recess. She did have her best friend Michael to place with, which brought back memories and an understanding of why an aspie girls best friends are many times boys. Boys are typically low on drama. Even in the 3rd grade girls can be especially mean and aloof. After speaking with my daughters teacher I was told that Ellie had been invited to play with some of the other girls, she just didn't want to because the girls didn't want to do what Ellie wanted to do...which is to play "wolf". My daughter has this fascination with Wolves, probably because we have a husky 1/4 wolf dog named Kanek. He is much more wolf than dog. He grew up with the kids and is the most loving animal one could have. Getting back to my daughter though, she will not accomodate other kids interests or wants if they don't match her idea of fun. She also had her best friend and neighbor "drop her" for no reason. This was her only female friend and I myself couldn't understand what went wrong. I tried to reach out to her mother only to be shut down yet again. After this I have hidden, unable to understand or accomodate any friendships in my life. So my plan is to continue to post on my blog, further my writing career and help out in the field of autism in any way that I can. I appreciate your perspective on my ideas and goals.

1 comment:

Lonnie said...

Hi, Stacy! I love reading your blogs! I'm an Aspie as well. I'm in Syracuse NY, have a wonderful Aspie husband and 2 grown Aspie sons. "Asperger's runs in our family, and so does love." Anyway, I'm wondering if you would be willing to hand your old "aspiewoman" twitter account off to me. I own that domain name now and would like to use that handle, too, to educate neurotypicals about us. You can see me here: lonniechu dot com Can you email me? lonniechu at gmail dot com . I sure would appreciate it.