Monday, March 18, 2013

Where have I been? Why haven't you followers screamed at me for hiding out in Utah for so long? Well, thank you friends for continuing to take quick peaks to see if I've been okay, because I'm back, I'm back, I'm back! I'm back and I've learned even more! What have I learned? I've learned that an aspiemom can have Asperger's and other co-morbid conditions too. : ( I mention this because in my hiatus I discovered that I'm also bipolar. The official diagnosis is: Bipolar 1 with psychotic features. Wow! Let me tell you I was floored! By the way, I'm not psychotic like an ax-slinger or bag lady, but I'm definitely a little screwed up. What I'm getting at here is that those of us with Asperger's Disorder need to realize that being an "Aspie" doesn't explain everything. Screaming at Direct TV because they failed to refund my last three months service (I didn't use it), well that's not an inherent personality defect...that's me being pissed off that I didn't watch my account statement better. Now snapping at the representative because she told you that she wouldn't help you? The snapping, depending on how fast the snap commences, is an inherent personality trait AND most likely Asperger's annoyance. So you might be wondering if I'm relinquishing the title of Aspiemama. No, I'm not. Bipolar is an affliction: it's cruel, it's annoying, it's fateful, it gets worse... but it doesn't define me. Bipolar takes from you, Asperger's adds to you. Bipolar is a disease much like diabetes. I will always need to take medication. One thing bipolar isn't however, is my fault. Asperger's isn't my fault. It's not my son's fault. It's not yours or your loved ones fault. It's an amazing re-wiring of the brain that leaves us just a little out of it, but fully amazing and genius and sometimes....strange. Finally a plea. I make a promise if you do... I will continue to write in my blog with absolutely no inhibitions. I will write every day, I promise. : ) I ask that you tell me how YOU are doing too. I don't want to be a narcissist here. And finally, do me a favor if you can. I'm a home school mom that needs to make some extra money so I can stay home. Click on the ads that you see on my blog, because when you do... I get paid ; ) I like getting paid. God Bless!

No comments: