Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Big Move

Last week was a whirlwind for me. I had a big decision to make. Stay in Idaho where my kids could continue at their school, and raise the kids alone for the winter season, or move in with my parents in WA. There were many pros and cons to both, yet I knew that this decision would have to be one that was made out of humility as opposed to strength. I don't have too much strength you see, I barely function when put into difficult situations. I have always had my husband as back up. Finally, after weeks and days of going back and forth, should I stay or should I go? I went! I packed up the house and went through what seemed like thousands of papers and documents and put everything that I didn't need into storage. After I finally got everything put into its proper place, the kids and I, plus two dogs got in the car and began our new journey in life.

Now I remember why people in Seattle drink so much coffee. It has rained almost non-stop since we got to town. I unpacked most of our clothes and enrolled the kids in school. My daughter, the social butterfly, loves school. My son pretty much hates school, but the local elementary school has staff and a principle that take pride in assimilating children with special needs into their program. Halleluja! This means my son can be enrolled in a half day schedule. Half homeschool half public school. If I had that choice when I was young life would have been much easier! So on to new things.

The OCD in me wants me to continue to stress about my past life in Idaho. How do I catch up on the bills that I need to mail over? Will the house rent so that we don't need to pay for the house to sit empty. Will my health converage transfer into Cobra on time? I can't go without my Seroquel for even one night, I will turn into a fiending nut-case. I will start to go through withdrawls of no sleep, headaches, vomiting and anxiety. Its not a pretty picture. This leads me to wonder what would happen if there were some catastrophe where I couldn't get ot the pharmacy. Well, there kind of is a problem, I can't afford my medication without the cobra insurance kicking in. I pray that it will catch up soon.

1 comment:

Dorothee said...

I love your Blog! I recognize much of it. I just want to tell you I admire you very much for all that you do and the big decisions you make. Well done!