Monday, November 2, 2009

Calling All Aspie Women!!

Okay, this is the start of my blog. Where are all the Aspie-women is my first post. Why? The reason is that the stereotypical Asperger's symptoms don't always fit us Aspie-women. Why? Well, I believe because we have had to navigate through a terrifying world that DOES NOT KNOW US, and DOESN'T USUALLY accept us! I have hundreds of examples of this fact in my own life, and if you follow this blog and participate in it, together we can fight the stereotypes and raise awareness of the female aspie. I welcome ASPIE-WOMEN themselves, ASPIE-GIRLS, PARENTS OF ASPIE-CHILDREN, ASPIE-GIRLS, FRIEND'S OF THOSE with Asperger's, and even MEN WHO ALWAYS FIND THEMSELVES ATTRACTED TO WOMEN DIAGNOSED WITH ASPERGER'S!
So, please read my daily entries, make comments, pass this address around. THIS BLOG WILL GIVE THE TRUE INSIGHT INTO ASPIE-WOMEN. Yes, we are all as different from each other as we are different from the world. I want all of our voices to be heard!

4 comments:

sunnykim said...

Hi, I am part of the Yahoo group for homeschooling Aspies. Found your blog through it. I'm a self-diagnosed Aspie. I look forward to reading your blog!

amanda said...

omg hello i feel like reaching my hand out to you all
you all make so much sense i thought i was well just wrong on so many levels i didn't know why i could'nt keep friends how i've kept a husband is a mystery
thankyou so much i have been treated for depression for years but feel no better was thinking i was bi polar but i have never felt so relieved in my life thanyou you have given me hope
amanda

Ahop&Askip said...

hi, thank you for your blog. I've never felt more understood. I came across your blog today by accident. I have a wierd habit of asking google search questions; today I asked, why am i invisible?. Somehow I got here-but I'm so relieved to find someone like you who is brave enough to say what I've been stuck with just screaming in my own mind. I want to belong! I want to have friends! I am desperate to know why every man I get involved with leaves me. I can't find or keep a job and the only thing I'm good at is academics. I am so resentful about asperger's stealing the life I should have had from me. I get so lonely that I physically ache from the pain and my whole body collapses as a wail in despair.
Please keep writing, when I read your blogs I feel like I'm reading something I could have written. hugs.

Anonymous said...

i am an epileptic aspie male who is attracted to women with ASD's because they turn me on a whole lot more emotionally(maybe even sexually - will find out when/if one accepts me emotionally).